Total Pageviews

Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 4 from Port Arthur, TX

Hello Everyone!  Hope you all had a good week! This week was very busy but it was very fun!

On Tuesday we went contacting for a little bit but then we had to go across the mission to make it to a missionary conference.  We had to pick up some other elders on the way and we talked on the car ride there.  We stayed with some elders.  One was Elder Tukuafu and the other was Elder Lunt.  I know Elder Tukuafu from football.  He played football for East, and Elder Lunt is the cousin of Takoda Lunt.  They are both cool and we talked till like 12:30.  

Anyways the next day we had a lot of meetings and it was really hard to stay awake but it was very good.  We talked about how we should fear no man.  So this week I have been trying to go up to people with no fear and tell them what I know to be true!  It worked out very well.  Me and Elder Barrett where knocking on doors and some lady came out with her bible and started to bash with us.  Me and elder already had some fire in us.  We ended up totally defending our faith with the lady.  She ended up saying that she respects us and walked back into her house.  I felt very cool after that haha! 

This Saturday was a very fun day! We had a Fiesta, and let me tell ya, these people know how to throw a party!  The food was very good, but we where a little scared because they wanted us to sing a song in Spanish.  So we got a Spanish CD from someone and we went into the car and stared practicing.  We went in all confident and they said we are not singing anymore... I was a little bummed but if i ever need to sing a Spanish song in the future i have one :)   

Anyways that's all i got this week! I hope you all have a good week!
 
Love,
Elder Stringfellow 

(I asked Elder Stringfellow how he and his companion are doing and this is his response - "He is good! All we do is speak Spanish and eat grapes haha! I have probably eaten like 7 bags of grapes by myself this week! We put them in the freezer and they are very good frozen lol! I eat eggs everyday with my valentinas sauce and it is very good.  I get the extra hot and it is very good and you should go get it and try it .  You can probably find it at smiths or something but it is very good.")
 
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK    
At the Fiesta
Cool Sunset
A HS Football Stadium
 

No comments:

Post a Comment