Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 2 in Port Arthur, TX

Hey everyone! Hope everything back home is going good! Everything down here is going great! The only problem is that this week was really hot, so that made bike riding really fun haha!  We did a lot of contacting this week and it went really good.  The people here are really nice and they listen to us, but they usually say they are not interested.  I got to take the lead in a couple lessons this week in Spanish.  They went ok, we are going to go back and talk to them this week and see how they feel!

My Spanish is getting better!  I am starting to pick up some things when they talk, but they still talk super fast haha!  We talked to this man named Elloy who is from Cuba, and he is the fastest talker I have ever met.  It is hard for my companion to understand him haha!  He really likes to talk to us. We will be talking to him some more this week!

Our lesson with Roberto went OK! He really loves his family, so we taught him how families can live together forever!  He liked that, so we invited him to come to church, but his family didn't want to go so he didn't come.  We are working with him and he is a really cool guy, and seems really interested, we just need to work with him.

The one thing that has tested me this week is patience.  Like my mom always says patience is a virtue.  I have been thinking about that a lot because the English speaking elders in our area are having a lot of success, and we are trying to get new investigators but it is hard here because there is not a whole lot of Spanish speaking people here.  I just need to be patient and wait for that one person that needs to here our message.  The lord will make sure they are ready, I just need to have faith!

That is all I got this week! I will try and send pictures! love you all and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Stringfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment