Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I Made It!

This has been a super crazy week! I finally left the MTC thank goodness haha! I am grateful for the opportunity that I had to be there and to learn.  It has really helped me out.  I started off my day yesterday at 2:30 am in the morning!  I got about an hour of sleep because, everyone one in the zone was leaving so I had to say good bye to them.  I made a lot of really good friends there, and I will remember every single one of them for the rest of my life.  

So when I got here, I had a bunch of meetings with the mission presidency and stuff, and then I got my companion.  His name is Elder Barrett and he is from Alpine, UT (Lone Peak HS).  He is a really good guy and he is really good at Spanish.  We listen to the Spanish radio in the car and listen to the commercials to see if I can understand what they are saying.  Not gonna lie its pretty helpful.  I haven't talked with any investigators yet, but we where going to go to a members house yesterday but they weren't home.  Elder Barrett said the people are really cool and I am really excited to meet them!  

President Drake said one of the first things we had to do was talk to someone and invite them to be baptized.  Well I talked to some lady that said her family was a part of the church and she didn't want to do anything with our church!  But we talked about how her family was involved with the floods in Baton Rouge and I said we will pray for you and your family.  She said "Thats really nice of you but you can't convert me!" And I said maybe not but I will try!  And she said try you will and walked off.  So thats how my day has been going so far haha!  

So Ya I am here in Port Arthur with my companion Elder Barrett, and we are doing great!  I love you all and will talk to you next week!  Be expecting an email on Monday.  That is my P-Day!

Love 
Elder Stringfellow 

Photos of the Week
The District on the Sunday before they left for Houston
The Kitchen
The Bedroom
The Study


No comments:

Post a Comment