Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Another Great Week...The Blessing of Blessings

Hey everyone hope you guys had a good week! This week was awesome and we had so cool things happen!

Surprisingly we had a baptism this Sunday! Elder Johnson had the opportunity to baptize and kid named Enrique C. Us and the hermanas have kind of been working with him together even though he lives in the hermanas area. We had to help the hermanas because Enrique is not the biggest fan of women and he likes talking to us guys. So we had to go over with the hermanas every lesson and pretty much teach him because he wouldn't listen to the hermanas lol! So we where teaching him this week just me and Elder Johnson and he said that he wanted to be baptized and he wanted Elder Johnson to baptize him. It was a big surprise to use but we where like OK ya let's get this done, and so we called the hermanas and told them and they where super excited! Yesterday was an awesome day and Enrique is going to be such an example to his family! He has had such a big impact on his family that his mom who has been talking with the missionaries for over a year now wants to stop smoking an drinking and wants to be baptized in 2 weeks by one of our recent converts! Super awesome for Enrique and his family!

Other than that nothing really exciting happened. We just did missionary work pretty much the whole week. On Thursday and Friday we biked around 45 miles on the highway and that was super fun! Cars honking at us and people screaming at us. Makes me laugh most of the time. We had to bike on the highways because we are working with this recent convert so that he can get the priesthood and go do baptisms this Saturday at the temple. We go over there and he says that he wants a blessing. We said we can do that and I go to get out my oil and it's empty..... I was super nervous cause Elder Johnson didn't have any and Josh our recent convert really wanted this blessing because he hasn't been feeling great. I showed Elder Johnson that I didn't have any but I might be able to get just around the outside edges. I go up there and get ready to anoint the oil with the oil I didn't have and I went to put really nothing on my finger and a whole bunch of oil comes out! I was in shock because it was completely empty right before I went up there. So we went ahead and did everything and gave him a blessing and after the blessing he felt like a changed man he said. I guess he really needed that blessing! That was our miracle for the week I guess you could say!
Transfers are coming up this week and I am pretty sure that I will be staying! But who knows haha! Any ways love you guys and hope you have a good week!
 
Love, Elder Stringfellow

PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Enrique's Baptsim
Enrique's Baptism with the Hermanas



No comments:

Post a Comment