Total Pageviews

Monday, August 7, 2017

Email is Back

Hey everyone sorry it's been a while, my email has stopped being stupid but it's working now hopefully! 

Things have changed a little bit since the last time I sent an email, both me and Elder Nabo where transferred from galena park... I am gonna miss my boy Nabo but anyways  I am the district leader here in Houmont park, with my homie Elder Romero! Things over here have changed a lot, we are now in a all Spanish zone, and everyone in my district is Spanish speaking, so we are pretty much speaking Spanish 100% of the time. Not gonna lie it was kind of hard at first because it was quite a big adjustment but I am doing better. I had to give district meeting in Spanish and that really helped out a lot! 

Not gonna lie I really don't know a whole lot about this area, but the ward is awesome! They are so nice and helpful, and they are will to do anything for the missionaries, I love it! We have some people we found this last week that seem solid and I can't wait to work with them! 

We had a small miracle this week that was pretty cool! We where eating a Chick-fil-A and I went up and asked the lady for a refill and I really didn't pay too much attention too it and after we went on our way. Later that day we went and did an hour of power, which is when we just go knocking doors for an hour straight, and we decided to bring a member and his non member brother with us. We knocked a couple houses and got doors slammed in our face and we where kind of bummed. So we asked Omar the non member to choose a house and he choose this one house that had a cool car in front of it. We where like alright sure, so we go and knock it and a nice lady answers the door and we start talking with her. As we are talking her daughter comes and starts to listen. Then out of the blue she looked at me and said I know you, I saw you earlier today, and I was like OK where? She said I filled up your drink at Chick-fil-A and I was wondering what you guys where doing and who you where. So we told her that we are missionaries and we talked about the restoration, and we are going to talk with her some more this week! She is really solid and I am excited to work with her! 

That's all I got this week. I will probably have some more interesting things to write next week haha! Love you guys and hope you have a great week! 

Love, Elder Stringfellow 
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment