Total Pageviews

Monday, April 3, 2017

General Conference and My Birthday

Hey everyone hope you all had a great week! Thanks for all the birthday wishes, means a lot! Also hope you all enjoyed general conference! It was the best birthday present ever haha! 

This was a good but slow week kind of. I got my new companion Elder Paulsen. He is super chill and he likes to have fun and get work done! I have been showing him around the area and what not this week and we have been trying to talk with our solid investigators but they have been really busy with life and what not! We had to move the baptismal date for Lali and Anthony Garcia one week because they have to leave church early to go to a family event in Houston which is ok! Still trying to work with a Rosas also, they have been sick this week so kind of hard! We did find out that one of them is already in 3 nephi! I was curious and asked her where she was at and she showed me and I was in shock! Hopefully we can get them to church more! 

Oh yeah we also got a car! The made our area a little bit bigger for us and they decided that it needed a car! We only get 600 miles every month but it's better than nothing haha! I'm not sure how I feel about the car, it's just one more thing I gotta take care of lol! Anyways I am excited to work with the new areas we got, and I know that we will have success if we work hard! 

We were able to watch general conference this weekend and it was awesome! It is so hard for me to choose my favorite talk but it was probably given by President Uchtdorf in the priesthood session. I loved how he said the most important calling in the church right now is the one I have! When I have this mindset I will not only be able to lift up others, but I will be able to become the man that god wants me to be! My favorite quote from his talk says "God’s greatest reward goes to those who serve without expectation of reward." Knowing that if I am all in, and give it my all, god will bless me with his greatest rewards that he has for me! 

Love all of you guys so much and hope you all have a great week! AdiĆ³s:) 

Love, Elder Stringfellow 

PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Birthday Box 1
Birthday Box 2
Elder Paulsen from Olympus HS


Birthday Dinner

Sporting the Bountiful Swag 1

Sporting the Bountiful Swag 2


No comments:

Post a Comment